A Brief Guide to CBD in Edinburgh
A rough guide to cannabidiol and CBD oil in Edinburgh
Much like the UK capital London, the availability of CBD in Edinburgh and surrounding areas is reasonably high. Sharing a similarly cosmopolitan culture, the benefits of CBD are already well-known and established by many Edinburgh residents. There are several retail outlets selling CBD products, but the wide range of choice can also mean that it’s easy to end up with something that isn’t exactly what you were after. As well as retail outlets, it’s easy to have CBD products delivered to your door in Edinburgh, thanks to the city’s wide distribution network that means you receive online products promptly.
- Hemp-derived CBD oil in Edinburgh (and other CBD products) are widely available, both in-store and online
- Industrial hemp cultivated in Scotland must contain 0.2% THC or less
- CBD oil in Edinburgh includes full-spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate options
- In Scotland, the Home Office regulates the cultivation, processing, and sale of hemp
- If you wish to register to grow hemp in Scotland you can find further advice here
- CBD products in Edinburgh must contain untraceable levels of THC – less than 0.00%
Is it legal to buy CBD in Edinburgh?
In the UK, cannabidiol (CBD) is considered non-psychoactive and non-addictive. And it is therefore not classed as a controlled substance. This means that it is completely legal to buy CBD in Edinburgh – as well as anywhere in the UK.
However, it’s still essential to do plenty of research before making any purchase. Contrary to popular belief, guidelines regarding hemp-derived CBD can still vary wildly from country to country. And with the new novel food regulations appearing in Europe, (and potentially the UK) regulations around CBD oil in Edinburgh could soon be changing. Therefore it’s always a good idea to stay up to date on the latest CBD guidelines in your region.
Since guidelines regarding CBD oil in the UK are regularly changing, a certain amount of confusion can be expected. However, we’ve made it our goal to make information as accessible and up-to-date as possible. Here is all you need to know about CBD in Edinburgh, including the current status of industrial hemp.
Buying high-quality CBD in Edinburgh
While some manufacturers do everything they can to manufacture real, high-quality CBD, others simply do not. In short, there is a wide variety of standards in overall value and quality on the Edinburgh CBD market.
To avoid scam retailers and to make sure you’re buying high-quality CBD in Edinburgh, always make sure to:
- Research the retailer thoroughly
- Check out real customer reviews (not just from the retailer website, but from third-party, independent review websites)
- Only buy from retailers who have their products tested by independent labs to verify quality, purity and 0% THC content. (You can find our ULU lab reports here)
- Find out about the production processes used to create a company’s range of products, as well as the method they’ve used to extract cannabidiol from the hemp plant. (Ultrasonic and CO2 methods will produce a higher-quality product than solvent or oil extraction methods) After all, high quality CBD can make all the difference in terms of wellness benefits, as well as your overall experience.
- When comparing one product with another, make sure to work out CBD content accurately. Working out the exact mg of CBD per dose is always the most accurate way to do this. You may find a cheaper product on the market, but if you look at its CBD content, it may not actually be worth the money.
- Make sure you’re buying high-concentration CBD. Cannabidiol has a wide variety of great benefits – but only if you’re taking it in a high-enough concentration, over a long-term period. Many retailers sell cheaper products with only negligible CBD content. And we’re not confident that any CBD oil, capsule or vape less than a 5% concentration (or a skincare product below a 1% concentration) will have any real benefits.
Read more about our quality guarantee here at ULU.
Different CBD products in Edinburgh
Good news! There are a wide variety of different CBD products in Edinburgh available to buy today. So, there really is a CBD solution for everyone.
And when it comes to making a choice, this really depends on why you’re taking CBD, as well as finding an option that fits into your daily life. We’ll talk more about this below. However, to help you understand your options, here are some of the different CBD products in Edinburgh today.
CBD SKINCARE PRODUCTS
CBD skincare products are the perfect choice for anyone looking to reduce acne, support inflammatory conditions and maintain a youthful, even skin tone. Cannabidiol is a natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-acne compound that works gently and powerfully to penetrate deep below the skin, as well as working on the surface.
And here at ULU, we have a unique collection of high-strength CBD-infused skincare products. In fact, we offer some of the highest strength CBD skincare solutions on the UK market. All of the ingredients are organic, sourced from the EU and are combined with our potent luxury cannabidiol.
For those who enjoy vaping, CBD vape products can combine the fulfilling experience of inhalation with the wellness benefits of hemp extract. Vape products are available in a variety of flavours. And due to the quick and direct absorption rates, vaping CBD works best for instant calming, as well as helping to reduce anxiety and stress in long-term use.
Be sure to check out our fine range of CBD vape options in the ULU online store. These can be delivered to any address in Edinburgh rapidly.
CBD OIL IN EDINBURGH
CBD oil in Edinburgh is widely available in many strengths. And in fact, CBD oil is the most common cannabidiol product on the UK market. Simply place 2-3 oil drops under your tongue and leave for 60 seconds for your body to absorb the cannabidiol. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of oil to food and drink. (If you’re interested in this, check out our recipes for CBD brownies and CBD coffee.
Here at ULU, we offer the most potent CBD oil in Edinburgh, offering the consumer the highest concentration levels of CBD. That means you’re very unlikely to find anything that offers better value and real-world concentration in Edinburgh.
We’ve also created a range of CBD oils enriched with amino acids to support your wider health and wellbeing.
CBD TABLETS AND CAPSULES
CBD tablets are a convenient method to take your daily dosage of CBD oil. Many prefer to use CBD capsules as they come in pre-measured doses. They are also clean, as well as being easy to transport and use on the go. And this is just one of the reasons why they are an extremely popular choice for office workers in Edinburgh, who tell us that they help to reduce stress and therefore increase productivity.
At ULU we have the finest CBD tablets on the market. If you’re used to taking a daily supplement, our high-strength CBD gel capsules will blend seamlessly into your daily routine.
Industrial hemp in Edinburgh
Industrial hemp grown in Scotland must have a THC content of 0.2% or less, following the UK-wide regulations. And seeds must be selected from the European Approved Seed Catalogue.
You’ll also need a license from the Home Office to grow hemp in the UK. Conditions for the approval of a hemp-growing license include:
- Informing the police that you’ll be growing hemp
- Avoiding planting hemp near schools and playgrounds
- Renewing your license before the start of each growing season
For more information, read the Gov.UK guidelines about growing hemp.
Where to buy CBD and CBD oil in Edinburgh
The CBD industry is one of the fastest growing trends in the UK. So, it’s no surprise that there are a wide variety of places to buy CBD and CBD oil in Edinburgh. However, this variety also comes with drawbacks, as it means you’ll need to do plenty of research to avoid being scammed or buying a low-quality product.
Here are the main ways to buy CBD in Edinburgh, as well as their benefits and drawbacks.
Buy CBD in-store
Edinburgh residents interested in trying CBD have plenty of options. Consumers can purchase CBD products in places such as health food shops, chemists, and other retailers. You’ll even likely find CBD oils, drinks and edibles at off-licenses or petrol stations.
This is great if you’re already out and about looking to try new products. However, you should always be careful about buying CBD products in Edinburgh from a physical location. This is because it’s much harder to assess product quality without doing your own research. You could be drawn in by attractive packaging without knowing much about the retailer or the product. In addition, if you’re buying from a more general retailer, there may not be a dedicated CBD expert on-hand to answer questions or give advice.
Buy CBD online
However, there is another easier and more convenient option: online shopping or e-commerce. Shopping online llows you the opportunity to do exhaustive research on the products you are buying.
You can research the retailer, the extraction method, read product lab reports to verify quality, and also compare many different retailers to find the best product for you.
Also, online shopping saves you time and your purchases are delivered safely to your home or office. With social distancing so important during the Covid-19 outbreak, home shopping is the way forward. No hassle, no stress: just convenience and a well-informed choice.
As one of the UK’s most trusted and well-established CBD brands, we believe here at ULU that the online shopping experience is superior to in-store shopping.
How to find the best CBD product for you
With so many options and different CBD products in Edinburgh, it can be difficult to know where to start. So, here’s some advice on how to choose the best CBD product for you.
- Consider the problem you’re trying to solve. If it’s a skincare issue, inflammation, or even muscle pain then a CBD topical cream or rub could work best. If you’re looking for help with anxiety or stress, or even chronic pain, you’ll need a high strength CBD that’s able to be absorbed into the bloodstream – such as a vape, oil or capsule.
- Think about what would work best with you’re lifestyle. If you’re already a vaper, then a CBD vape would be the most natural choice. And if you already take a daily supplement, then you might want to consider a CBD capsule or tablet.
- Read testimonials and reviews from people who have similar health problems or concerns to you. If they recommend a product that’s helped them, then you’ll know this is a great choice. (However, don’t just look for these on retailer websites as they could be biased. And always try to avoid anything that looks like a paid sponsorship – although that’s not to say these don’t include real user advice. – Just try to use your best judgement about what looks real and what looks paid.)
ULU: premium, high-strength CBD you can trust
Now you understand more about CBD products in Edinburgh, along with how to choose a great, high-quality product, why not browse our list of high-strength CBD solutions?
We’ve set the bar in terms of UK CBD quality with our accredited laboratories, and we’re regarded by many as the best standard of market quality. We always guarantee 0% THC and ultimate purity (supported by our third-party lab reports) in every product we sell.
We offer CBD oils, vapes, skincare, and more that are all made from 100% European certified and grown, organic hemp.
Happy CBD shopping!