The Complete Guide to CBD in London
Buying CBD in London is easier and more accessible than ever before. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to know what to choose, and to guarantee a high-quality product. Especially if you don’t really know what you’re looking for!
So, we’ve created this guide to help you stay informed and educated about buying CBD in London. We’ll go over the laws and regulations surrounding CBD, the range of different CBD products in London, as well as how to find high-quality products that suit you.
A rough guide to hemp, CBD and CBD oil in London
- Hemp-derived CBD oil in London (and other CBD products) are widely available
- Industrial hemp cultivated in England must contain 0.2% THC or less
- CBD oil in London includes full-spectrum , broad spectrum and isolate options
- In England, the Home Office regulates the cultivation, processing, and sale of hemp.
- If you wish to register to grow hemp in England you can find further advice here
- CBD products in London must have untraceable levels of THC – so, less than 0.00% THC content
- As well as retail outlets, it’s easy to have CBD products delivered to your door in London, thanks to the city’s wide distribution network.
Is it legal to buy CBD in London?
Short answer: yes!
Cannabidiol (CBD) is considered non-addictive and non-psychoactive. It is also not a controlled substance in the UK. Therefore it is legal to buy CBD in London. However, it does still need to adhere to some important guidelines.
To be entirely legal in the UK, CBD products need to contain untraceable levels of THC – so, less than 0.0%. THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) is the psychoactive chemical compound found in marijuana that causes a high. It’s also illegal in the UK. And despite the fact that hemp contains naturally very low levels of THC, and that hemp grown in the UK must have below 0.2% THC content, some THC will need to be extracted and removed during the production process.
So, always make sure to check the ingredients carefully and only buy from manufacturers that guarantee 0% THC! Remember, you’ll still be held liable for purchasing an illegal product, even if it was mis-sold to you.
Furthermore, the guidelines around CBD oil in London could be changing. CBD oil has recently been classed as a novel food item in Europe, which could mean that it becomes illegal. And even though it’s unclear as to whether the UK will follow these guidelines, it’s still important to keep updated. So, remember to check back regularly on the legal status of CBD oil in London and the UK.
Still have more questions about CBD? Check out our answers to the 6 most common UK questions about CBD.
How to buy high-quality CBD in London
While some manufacturers do everything they can to manufacture real, high-quality CBD, others simply do not. In short, there is a wide variety of standards in overall value and quality on the London CBD market.
To ensure that you’re getting the most out of your purchase, always make sure to:
- Check out real customer reviews on the retailer’s website but also independent review sites and social media
- Only by from companies who have their products tested by third-party labs to verity content and purity. This is much easier to do when shopping online. (You can read the results of our ULU lab reports here.)
- Find out about the production processes and extraction methods used to create a company’s range of products. (Ultrasonic and C02 methods of extraction produce higher quality products than oil or solvent methods.) After all, high quality CBD can make all the difference in terms of wellness benefits, as well as your overall experience. And with the high cost of living in London, you also want to make sure that you are getting the best possible value for money.
Find out more about why CBD oil quality is so important!
Different CBD products in London
When it comes to CBD products in London, buyers have plenty of choice. However, it’s important to bear in mind that different products will have different uses, and therefore different benefits.
We’ll talk more below about how to choose a CBD product to suit your needs. But to help you make your choice, let’s look at some of the available CBD products in London today.
CBD skincare is a relatively new addition to the London CBD market. However, as CBD is a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory ingredient, it actually has many benefits for skin. Studies have also shown that it helps to reduce sebum production in the skin, therefore helping to reduce acne.
ULU has a unique collection of high-strength CBD-infused skincare products. In fact, we offer some of the highest strength CBD skincare items on the London CBD market – as well as the UK. All of our ingredients are organic and sourced from the EU. And we’ve combined them with our potent luxury cannabidiol. These can be delivered to any address in London rapidly due to our speedy delivery options.
For those who enjoy vaping, CBD vape products combine the fulfilling experience of inhalation with the wellness benefits of hemp extract. Vape products are also available in a variety of flavours to bring maximum enjoyment. And as vaping is one of the quickest and most direct ways for the body to absorb CBD, it’s ideal for supporting symptoms of anxiety and stress.
Be sure to check out our fine range of CBD vape options in the ULU online store. These can be delivered to any address in London rapidly.
CBD OIL IN LONDON
CBD oil in London has become increasingly popular among customers. Many regard it as the most traditional way to take CBD. And this is because of its easy application, but also because it allows CBD to be quickly and efficiently absorbed by the body for maximum benefits. Simply place 2-3 drops of oil under your tongue and wait 60 seconds for the cannabidiol to become absorbed. Alternatively, you can try dropping CBD oil into your food and drinks. Check out our recipes for CBD brownies and CBD coffee!
We at ULU offer some of the most potent CBD oils in London, offering our customers the highest concentration levels of CBD. That means you’re very unlikely to find anything that offers better value or higher cannabidiol concentration in London.
CBD TABLETS AND CAPSULES
CBD tablets are a convenient way to take your daily dosage of CBD oil. They are clean, as well as being easy to use and transport with you. And this is just one of the reasons why they are an extremely popular choice for office workers in London who tell us that they help to reduce stress and therefore increase productivity.
At ULU we have the finest CBD tablets on the market. Our potent 10% cannabidiol formula comes conveniently packaged in easy-to-swallow gel capsules. And if you already take a daily supplement or vitamin, they’ll blend seamlessly into your routine.
Industrial hemp in London
Industrial hemp grown in London and the rest of the UK must have a THC content of 0.2% or less. With the finished CBD products containing less than 0.0% THC. (THC is the psychoactive chemical compound found in marijuana that causes a high. It’s also illegal in the UK.) Hemp seeds must also come from the European Approved Seed Catalogue.
However, not just anyone can decide to grow hemp in London. You’ll actually need a hemp growing license from the Home Office. And you’ll need to adhere to a few guidelines including:
- Informing the police that you are a hemp license holder
- Providing details of your exact hemp growing location, including coordinates, field location numbers and exact hectarage details
- Refraining from growing hemp close to sensitive areas such as schools or playgrounds
For more information, take a look at the hemp growing guidelines from UK.Gov.
Where to buy cannabidiol products and CBD oil in London
Buying CBD in London has become more accessible than ever before. And whilst this provides London customers with the benefit of lots of choice, it can also be difficult to find a trusted retailer with high-quality products.
Let’s take a look at the different ways to buy CBD in London as well as the benefits and drawbacks of each.
Buy CBD in-store
The first option when buying CBD products and CBD oil in London is to visit one of the many in-store locations. Consumers can purchase CBD products in places such as health food shops, chemists, and other retailers. Even off-licenses and petrol stations often sell CBD oils and drinks.
And whilst this is convenient if you’re already out and about, it comes with some setbacks. For example, you could be pressured into buying a product by a pushy sales assistant without doing your own research. And if you’re buying from a more general retailer, there may not be a dedicated CBD expert to advise you.
Buy CBD online
Because of the setbacks mentioned above, we always recommend buying CBD products online. This allows you to easily compare different products and retailers, and have your chosen product delivered to the comfort of your home or office. – Something that’s especially important during lockdown and social distancing.
However, there are hundreds of online CBD retailers – some with low concentration, low-quality products. So, always make sure to do your research when it comes to buying CBD online.
To learn how to buy CBD online safely and legally, check out some of our recent articles:
How to choose the best CBD product for you
CBD products in London, whilst widely available, vary in type, quality and benefits. And based on the health benefits you’re looking to achieve, some products will work and others will not.
Here are some tips on how to find the best CBD product for you:
- Think about your overall goal. If you’re looking for skin benefits, then a CBD cream, balm or serum applied topically would be your best bet. However, if you’re looking for help with anxiety or stress, then skincare creams just won’t cut it – because they won’t be able to enter the bloodstream. In this case, a direct absorption method such as an oil or a vape would work much better.
- CBD needs to be used over a long-term basis to have any real benefits. So, consider which method would blend into your daily routine. After all, the best CBD product for you is often simply the one that you’ll stick to. For example, if you already take a daily supplement, a CBD capsule is the natural choice. If you already vape, then simply switching to or adding a CBD vape could work for you.
Read our recent article to find out more about the types, uses and benefits of CBD products in London and the UK.
ULU – premium, high-strength CBD from a retailer you can trust
Now you understand more about CBD in London, as well as how to buy CBD products in London safely and legally, why not check out our ULU online product range?
- We’re passionate about demystifying the CBD industry and helping our customers to stay informed
- We’re committed to ultimate quality – all of our ingredients or organic, premium and ethically sourced.
- We have our products tested by independent labs to verify quality and purity
- We’re a UK-based retailer with fast delivery options
- We offer CBD oils, vapes, skincare, and more that are all made from 100% European certified and grown industrial hemp.
- We only offer high-strength CBD products as we’re not confident that anything below 5% concentration (oils, vapes and capsules) or 1% concentration (skincare) will provide any real benefits
So, if you’re looking to buy CBD products in London, consider ULU!
Happy CBD shopping.