We expertly-craft our products from the hemp plant, grown organically in the EU using CO2 extraction. Moreover, all of our ULU plants are grown and cultivated in a pesticide free environment.
Our CBD gel capsules represent the highest quality hemp CBD available in the UK today. Each soft gel tablet contains a guaranteed minimum of 10mg natural full spectrum CBD.
- Vegetal Glycerine (20%) plus cannabidiol (CBD) as specified by CAS number 13956-29-1
how to use
- Start using 3x1 capsule on the first day
- Swallow CBD capsule as a whole with a little liquid
- Spread the number of capsules over the day
I have high blood pressure. Is CBD dangerous for me?
CBD does contain enzymes that can change the way drugs are metabolised by the body. It could increase of decrease the amount of medication entering the blood-stream – including drugs for high blood pressure such as beta-blockers. So, if you are currently taking blood pressure medication, check with your doctor before consuming CBD.
How much CBD should you use?
Usually, a daily dose of 15-25mg of CBD is recommended if you just want to use it as a casual daily supplement. This is enough for most people to get a healthy daily serving, and some studies even suggest that 25mg of CBD can help with certain issues.
However, you can always experiment with your dosage and take as much as you feel you need.
The proposed regulations for future Novel foods and use of CBD will advise daily dosages up to 70mg are safe and have not shown detrimental health issues with animal studies.
Is CBD safe to use for children?
CBD is as safe for children as it is for adults. Children will probably need lower doses than adults due to their lower body weight, as far as we know there are no risks attached.
There have been many studies carried out on CBD for children, which have been proven to be effective for Epilepsy disorders such as Dravet and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
What about rogue or poor quality CBD products?
Unfortunately these are all too common, and it worries us as much as it should worry you.
PhytoVista Laboratories, a UK market leader in CBD testing, has completed an independent blind test of consumer cannabidiol (CBD) products for The Centre for Medicinal Cannabis involving 30 major retail CBD oil brands.
The biggest issues related to accuracy of labelling; the presence of controlled substances and some contaminants; and in one example from a high street pharmacy, the complete absence of any cannabinoids.
- Only 11/29 (38%) of the products were within 10% of the advertised CBD content and 11/29 products (38%) actually had less than 50% of the advertised CBD content. One product had 0% CBD.
- Almost half (45%) of the selected products had measurable levels of THC (mean content 0.04%) or CBN (mean content 0.01%) and are thus technically illegal within the UK.
- One sample had ZERO cannabinoid content – this was a High Street pharmacy product (30ml) retailing for £90.
- One product had 3.8% ethanol (3.4% qualifies as an alcoholic beverage).
- Dichoromethane was detectable in seven products (3.8-13.1ppm) and cyclohexane was found in one product (27.9ppm). However, these percentages of solvents and heavy metals are still below the permitted daily dose levels in pharmaceutical products, although above food limit safety levels.
We take these issues seriously and strive with our partners to ensure the consumer can have confidence in our products, with independent laboratory testing to back our quality.
0% THC means there is non-detectability, indicating that the CBD in question contains less than 0.01% THC. ULU goes further, we set our targets at less than 0.0005% THC.
When we say 5% or 20% CBD content, that is what we deliver, guaranteed.
What are CBD tablets and capsules used for?
CBD tablets and capsules are designed to support a healthy lifestyle – mentally and physically. CBD is absorbed by the body, and is picked up by the endocannabinoid system – a complex cell-signalling system within our bodies responsible for helping to regulate things like memory, sleep, fertility, mood and our immune systems. This is why CBD tablets and capsules are able to have such a wide array of health benefits. So, many people use CBD tablets and capsules for the same benefits as CBD oils and vapes – anxiety, chronic pain, inflammation among others. Read more about the endocannabinoid system.
Are there any risks?
According to a report from the World Health Organization, CBD doesn’t exhibit the effects indicative of substance abuse or dependency in humans, like THC can, and has a relatively low toxicity. “To date, there is no evidence of public health-related problems associated with the use of pure CBD”, it says.
- Our standard delivery option takes 1-2 working days. All our products are sent free Royal Mail 24 Recorded delivery. An optional shipping option of DPD is available at checkout at an additional cost.
Once an order has been dispatched you may return the goods within 30 days of receipt. All returned items must be in be in new and unused condition, with original seals intact and original tags and labels attached. If the product has been used or opened we cannot accept a return due to the risk of contamination.